The North Houston Astronomy Club (NHAC), was formed for educational and scientific purposes, for people of all races, creeds, ethnic backgrounds and sex, for the primary purpose of developing and implementing programs designed to increase the awareness and knowledge of astronomy, especially for those living near the north side of Houston Texas. NHAC is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing the opportunity for all individuals to pursue the science of astronomy, by observing in a dark-sky site, learning the latest technology, and sharing their knowledge and experience. Thus, our “Observe-Learn-Share” motto.
The club is enrolled in the Randall’s Good Neighbor Program. Our number is 9298. Ask the cashier to register your card with that number. You only have to do it once.
- Loaner telescopes
- Discounts on purchases at Land, Sea & Sky.
- Observe from Dark Sky Observing Sites
- Learn from experienced amateur astronomers
- Share your knowledge at club hosted picnics and star parties
- Discount magazine subscriptions (contact our Treasurer)
- Membership in the Astronomical League
- Receive free issues of the quarterly Astronomical League magazine “Reflector”
- Borrow from the NHAC “Library”
- Eligibility for NHAC Executive Board
Unless otherwise posted on the website, the NHAC general meeting is held on the 4th Friday of every month at Lone Star College – Kingwood. The Executive Board meets every other month.
Click here the New & Updated Membership Form!
NHAC is a not-for-profit organization sponsored by Lone Star College – Kingwood (Texas). NHAC is dedicated to increasing the awareness and knowledge of the science of Astronomy. Public meetings are held each month on the fourth Friday (exception: November and December meetings are held on the third Friday).
|Observe – Learn – Share|
NHAC is a proud member of: